Monday, July 18, 2011

Day #14 Goodbye Boston, Hello LL Bean

Boston was muggy today, humidity was high and thunderstorms were expected. We headed out after breakfast and went straight to Fenway Park. Even for someone who does not follow baseball, you can get caught up in the magic of Fenway Park. We walked around the outside and took lots of pictures. Fenway Park is 100 years and still looks impressive. From Fenway we headed into Cambridge to see Harvard. Unfortunately the parking gods where not smiling on us today, and we decided to just drive by. Equally impressive, but next time I will allow more time to explore. I was facinated by the quotes on the archways and I'm hoping some of the pictures Jenn took from the car will show the quotes.

We drove one through traffic today, it wasn't a long drive but it was a slow one. Next stop, Salem. Interesting little town... I likely wouldn't put this on the next trip itinerary, but it was good to see it this time round. Learned a lot about the history and circumstance around the Salem Witch Trials and left shaking my head. Still ... there is such an injustice in any kind of "witch hunt".

After a quick lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and a detour through a mall we were back on the road. We drove through New Hampshire and straight into Maine. Still geocaching, and trying to get at least one cache per state - luckily there are so many caches. We headed straight through to Freeport Maine. We got the torents of rain that we had heard about from the West Coast, but it passed quickly. We still haven't seen any beaches or lighthouses. I am hoping to tomorrow we might see both, if not they too are adding to the list for the next trip.

Freeport Maine has many outlet shops. And when we booked our hotel we did not realize that this was the case, neither did we realize that the LL Bean Flagship store(s) are here. I'm loving LL Bean.

Enjoyed shopping in there main retail store, which is open 365-24-7. I still love MEC, but this was so much more. We had another amazing Italian dinner, I don't think I have eaten this much pasta in a long time. Will need to be back to gluten free when I get home! No pictures today, because the cord is packed deep and I don't want to wake Jenn. Good night from the home of LL Bean.

No comments:

Post a Comment